Friday 25 April 2014

Reflections of a Showgirl

It is spring and it is time I look back and let you all know what's been going on in this ladies glitter-life. I have been one busy Beaver Galore but you won't hear any complaints from me.

One highlight has been being a reader in the first two shows of Naked Girls Reading.  Although not burlesque it is definitely a night full of great entertainment!  The first show, Bad Romance, had poetry, songs, and some really bad, but hot romance.  I shared a sultry excerpt from a short story, The Veiled Woman by Ainis Nin and some crafty bit of information from the The Worst Case Scenario series on how to escape a bad date, deal with a bad kisser and how to fake an orgasm. (Side note:  Don't fake an orgasm!!)

 
Naked Girls Reading - Bad Romance

The second Naked Girls Reading was "What's Cooking?"  I let loose Patrick Bateman and he had "Lunch with Bethany" from American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.  And again, I shared my worldly knowledge and tempted the audience with some tips on aphrodisiacs...yummy!  If you haven't been to one of these great shows, check out the next one in June!  Red Herring puts on one smokin' show after another!

I also premiered my new act, "Kiss" at the Valentine/February Reveal Me at the Rivoli.  I had an amazing time creating and performing this act to Prince. What more can a girl ask for?   Video to come...

"Kiss" - Reveal Me

March had me competing with my first piece, "Beaver Galore's Frug" at The Toronto Burlesque Festival Strip Search: New Comers Competition.  The dancing was fierce, the feathers were flying and I had an amazing time performing for the Toronto Burlesque community.

And now I am currently working with the new CanCan troupe, The Knicker Kickers!  Our first show is in a week and it is keeping us busy getting our high kicks and ruffles all sorted out!

I could go on and on but I do need to keep some things for you to look forward to! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment